Friday, April 20, 2007

re work of my name is

not much to say for this one. just followed comments given by class. P was fixed along with the O.



-----------------------------------------------------------

now as for this one. the idea hit me like a train when i was ironically.... on a bus. about... two days before submission, still needed something to replace tao gei. drawing out the spartan for the abstraction assignment quite nearly killed me and i wasn't going to draw another 5 or 6 of them to make my name.

tried to do one with wonders of the world. kinda got stuck at the first letter. i had O and E to be done by stonehenge, great wall to do S, the back view of statue of liberty to be my P and the Petronas Towers to be my H. My J was the statue of Jesus in Rio de Genaro, the shadow was supposed to form the "tail" of the J. couldn't do the shadow despite about half a day with photoshop. in the end again my muse saved me by reminding me i loved pool a whole lot in my younger days (even now, but there's just so much less time for it)



the first two hours i spent orienteering the the numbers to form my name. got stuck with O and H until it suddenly struck me that i had not used the cue ball, cue sticks and the triangle "set".

now the "P" initially was a 1 flipped over. then my best friend reminded me 4 looks more like a P upside down (which was very true, and made me feel kinda stupid for spending an hour going through all the fonts to find sth that looks like an upside down P.......) so here's my thanks to both xq and michelle!!

No comments: